- Taped Rugs Productions, George Orwell, 1984, 2017, Donald Trump, Glarmen Glamours, Charles Rice Goff III, C. Goff III, Punkdustrial, Experimental, Sound Collage, Electro-Acoustic, Percussion, Dada, Dadaist, Cassette Culture, Avant Garde, Music Concrete, Non Genre, Anti Genre, for fans of Disism, for fans of Herd Of The Ether Space, for fans of Turkey Makes Me Sleepy, for fans of William Burroughs, for fans of Laurie Anderson, for fans of Robert Ashley
by Glarmen Glamours
2 Big Brother
3 Crowd Around The Crown
4 If I Deal
5 War Is Peace
6 O'Brien's Song
8 Winston Smith Takes It On The Jaw
9 Not An Impossible Story
10 Victory To The Proles
"Untopia" is an integration of George Orwell's 1949 work of literary fiction: "1984" with America's 2017 reality. In each piece, Orwell's characters and predictions for the future of humanity mesh with 2017's real people and their activities. These blendings are executed through collages of contemporary speeches and news reports with edits from the NBC University Theater Of The Air's 1949 broadcast of a radio play based on Orwell's novel, as well as through song lyrics and moods evoked by the music.
* Two songs based on Orwell's novel are considerably reinterpreted in this collection:
1) David Bowie's "Big Brother" (from the album: "Diamond Dogs" RCA, 1974)
2) Utopia's "Winston Smith Takes It On The Jaw" (from the album: "Oblivion" Passport, 1983)
* "If I Deal" is loosely based on the Lennon/McCartney song: "If I Fell" (from the album: "A Hard Day's Night" United Artists, 1964)
* No claims are made to these songs, nor to the materials extracted from the texts, films, news feeds, speeches, or phonograph records used in this production.
* This collection is a not-for-profit audio art exhibit.
Korg R3 Vocoder Synthesizer, Korg DS-8 Synthesizer, Reflector Stratocaster Electronic Guitar, Various Sound Effect Foot Pedals, Boss RC 20X Loop Station Loop Duplicator, Five Below Modified Sound Generator, Electronic Sound Generators (toys), Guitar Preparations (arrow heads, plectrums, various scrapers and plunkers, etc.), Ovation Acoustic Guitar, Voice, K-Mart Portable Phonograph, Several Phonograph Albums (both physically modified and unmodified), Ibanez DM 1000 Digital Delay, Shakers, Rattles, Maracas, Xylophones, Bells, Tambourines, Clickers, Ratchets, Talking Drum, Tongue Drum, Sport Drums, Mallets, Sticks, Tin Cans, Rain Gutter, Kitchen Sink, Orbitz, Turkey Call, Animal Horn
All performances, recordings, edits, manipulations, concepts, art, production
by Charles Rice Goff III
Tracks 2 and 10 contain excerpts from "Accordion"
generously provided for collaboration by Eric Matchett
Tracks 3, 6, and 8 contain excerpts from "Patternal Instinct"
generously provided for collaboration by I.v. Martinez/experiMENTALien
by Taped Rugs Productions
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
- 2017-07-12 19:43:01
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3
Subject: The perfect soundtrack to Washington crazy.
Uploaded by Taped Rugs Productions on